Forrest Yoga is a hatha-based practice developed specifically for the modern body. It helps relieve the stresses – physical, emotional and spiritual – that come with modern life. It is powerful and therapeutic, and involves:
- Serious core work.
- Active feet and hands.
- A relaxed, released neck all the time.
- Deep conscious breath.
- Holding poses for long periods of time.
Importantly you will learn to work struggle-free so your body and mind will feel great after practicing.
Forrest Yoga was developed by Ana T. Forrest, an internationally respected yogi, medicine woman and author of Fierce Medicine. The practice draws it roots from Native American medicine and challenges you to use your time on the mat to dig deep into yourself. The more you listen to your body, the more alive you’ll feel and the more exciting your life will become. Now that’s worth practicing for!
I am a Level 3 Forrest Yoga teacher having training extensively with Ana Forrest and some of her senior teachers (known as the Guardians), including Heidi Sormaz, Cat Allen, Jambo Truong, Sandra Robinson.
I continue to train and work directly with Ana Forrest as a member of her Assisting Team. Since 2016 I have assisted at several Forrest Yoga Teacher Training programmes and workshops throughout the UK and the US.
Forrest Yoga certifications:
- 200hr Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training with Ana Forrest (2013)
- 53.25hr Forrest Yoga Mentorship Programme (2014)
- 69.75hr Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training (2016)
Keen to try Forrest Yoga?
I teach Forrest Yoga classes across Glasgow every week at various locations:
- Monday 7.30-9.00pm FY Level 2/3 at Merchant City Yoga. Book via studio website.
- Thursday 9.30-10.45am FY Mixed Level at Our World Yoga. Email me to book.
- Thursday 7.30-8.45pm FY Level 1/2 at Merchant City Yoga. Book via studio website.